From art teacher to corporate coach, Marcus is enjoying his newfound lifestyle!
In His Own Words:
- 𝟳 𝗺𝗼𝗻𝘁𝗵𝘀 𝗶𝗻 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗴𝗼𝘁 𝗮 𝟲.𝟬𝟵 % 𝗿𝗮𝗶𝘀𝗲! 𝗜𝘁 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗻𝗼𝗿𝗺𝗮𝗹 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝗴𝗲𝘁 𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝗮𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘁𝗶𝗺𝗲 𝗯𝘂𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗳𝗮𝗰𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝘆 𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗮𝗵𝗲𝗮𝗱 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗴𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝗺𝗲 𝗮 𝗽𝗿𝗼𝗿𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝗶𝘀 𝗮𝘄𝗲𝘀𝗼𝗺𝗲!
- 𝗜 𝗱𝗲𝗮𝗹𝘁 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗮 𝗹𝗼𝘁 𝗼𝗳 𝗹𝗼𝘀𝘀. 𝗠𝘆 𝗴𝗿𝗮𝗻𝗱𝗳𝗮𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝗽𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗲𝗱 𝗮𝘄𝗮𝘆 𝗷𝘂𝘀𝘁 𝗯𝗲𝗳𝗼𝗿𝗲 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗿𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗷𝗼𝗯 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘄𝗲 𝗵𝗮𝗱 𝘁𝗼 𝗰𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗺𝘆 𝗴𝗿𝗮𝗻𝗱𝗺𝗼𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿. 𝗠𝘆 𝗴𝗿𝗮𝗻𝗱𝗺𝗼𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝗽𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗲𝗱 𝗮𝘄𝗮𝘆 𝗮𝗯𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝗮 𝗺𝗼𝗻𝘁𝗵 𝗮𝗴𝗼. 𝗧𝗵𝗲𝘆 𝘄𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝗴𝗿𝗲𝗮𝘁 𝘁𝗼 𝗺𝗲 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗜 𝗴𝗼𝘁 𝟱 𝗱𝗮𝘆𝘀 𝗯𝗲𝗿𝗲𝗮𝘃𝗲𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗹𝗲𝗮𝘃𝗲. 𝗜 𝗰𝗮𝗻’𝘁 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻 𝗶𝗺𝗮𝗴𝗶𝗻𝗲 𝗴𝗼𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗼𝘂𝗴𝗵 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗯𝗲𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗮 𝘁𝗲𝗮𝗰𝗵𝗲𝗿.
- 𝗠𝗶𝗴𝗿𝗮𝗶𝗻𝗲𝘀 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗳𝗲𝘄 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗳𝗮𝗿 𝗯𝗲𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗲𝗻 𝗶𝗻𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗮𝗱 𝗼𝗳 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆𝗱𝗮𝘆.
- 𝗛𝗮𝗱 𝘁𝗼 𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝗺𝘆 𝗴𝗮𝗹𝗹𝗯𝗹𝗮𝗱𝗱𝗲𝗿 𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝗶𝗻 𝗝𝗮𝗻𝘂𝗮𝗿𝘆 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗵𝗮𝗱 𝘁𝗼 𝘂𝘀𝗲 𝘂𝗽 𝗺𝗼𝘀𝘁 𝗼𝗳 𝗺𝘆 𝘀𝗶𝗰𝗸 𝗱𝗮𝘆𝘀. 𝗕𝘂𝘁 𝗮𝗴𝗮𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝘆 𝘄𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝗽𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗺𝗲.
- 𝗜 𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗱𝗼𝗻’𝘁 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝗶𝘁 𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝘆 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝘀𝗼 𝗴𝗼𝗼𝗱 𝘁𝗼 𝗵𝗲𝗹𝗽 𝗺𝗲 𝗼𝘂𝘁. 𝗔𝗻𝗱 𝗜’𝘃𝗲 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻 𝗵𝗮𝗱 𝘁𝗶𝗺𝗲𝘀 𝘄𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝗽𝗲𝗼𝗽𝗹𝗲 𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗰𝗵𝗲𝗱 𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝘁𝗼 𝗺𝗲 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗵𝗲𝗹𝗽.
- 𝗜 𝗳𝗶𝗻𝗶𝘀𝗵𝗲𝗱 𝗱𝗲𝘀𝗶𝗴𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗺𝘆 𝘀𝘁𝘂𝗱𝗶𝗼 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗮𝗺 𝗹𝗼𝗼𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘄𝗮𝗿𝗱 𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝘁𝗼 𝗺𝗮𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗮𝗿𝘁 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘀𝗵𝗼𝘄𝘀 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘀 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗵𝗼𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗼𝗻𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗲 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘀 𝗳𝗿𝗼𝗺 𝗺𝘆 𝘀𝗼𝗰𝗶𝗮𝗹 𝗺𝗲𝗱𝗶𝗮.
- 𝗜 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗮𝗯𝗹𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝗴𝗲𝘁 𝘁𝘄𝗼 𝗻𝗲𝘄 𝗽𝘂𝗽𝘀 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘁𝗶𝗺𝗲 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗺 𝘄𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝘆 𝗱𝗼𝗻’𝘁 𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝗯𝗲 𝗶𝗻 𝗮 𝗰𝗿𝗮𝘁𝗲 𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘁𝗶𝗺𝗲.
- 𝘐 𝘥𝘰 𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘴 𝘴𝘵𝘶𝘥𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘴 𝘣𝘪𝘨 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦. 𝘐 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘢𝘵 𝘢 𝘧𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘷𝘢𝘭 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘱𝘢𝘴𝘵 𝘸𝘦𝘦𝘬𝘦𝘯𝘥 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘢 𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘵𝘶𝘥𝘦𝘯𝘵. 𝘞𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘥 𝘢 𝘣𝘰𝘰𝘵𝘩 𝘵𝘰𝘨𝘦𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘬𝘪𝘥 𝘤𝘢𝘮𝘦 𝘶𝘱 𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘵 𝘮𝘺 𝘥𝘳𝘢𝘨𝘰𝘯 𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘧𝘪𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘰𝘧𝘧 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘥𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘲𝘶𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘴. 𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘦𝘧𝘵, 𝘐 𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘢𝘵 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘴𝘢𝘪𝘥, “𝘐 𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘴 𝘬𝘪𝘥𝘴.” 𝘚𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘮𝘪𝘭𝘦𝘥 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘴𝘢𝘪𝘥, “𝘐 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘭.” 𝗕𝘂𝘁 𝗜 𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝘄𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱𝗻’𝘁 𝗴𝗼 𝗯𝗮𝗰𝗸. 𝗠𝘆 𝘁𝗿𝗮𝗷𝗲𝗰𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘆 𝗶𝘀 𝗳𝗮𝗿 𝗯𝗲𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝗻 𝗶𝘁 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗜 𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝗼𝗽𝗽𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘂𝗻𝗶𝘁𝗶𝗲𝘀 𝘁𝗼 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗰𝗵 𝗺𝘆 𝗴𝗼𝗮𝗹𝘀 𝗻𝗼𝘄.
- Embracing a lot of loss and moving forward is a testament to his resilience.
- Facing personal challenges with support from his workplace.
- Demonstrating gratitude for understanding colleagues. Facing personal challenges with support from his workplace.
- Hired a life coach before starting the job and had to take a week off before starting the job. My life coach suggested away from the job and we had to care for my grandmother, so we planned a trip. They were great to me, and I got 5 days bereavement leave. I can’t even imagine going through that without a supportive boss.
- My life coach suggested away from the job and we had to care for my grandmother, so we planned a trip. They were great to me, and I got 5 days bereavement leave. I can’t even imagine going through that without a supportive boss.
- Clients are few and far between instead of every day. My grandmother passed away just before starting the job, and we had to care for my grandmother too. They were great to me, and I got 5 days bereavement leave. I can’t even imagine going through that without a teacher.Client Impact:
- I’ve even seen some of my students walking around the job site during the job. The job has also given me more time to spend with my family and take care of my own health.
Marcus has truly crafted a life he loves, balancing personal and professional triumphs. His journey from art teacher to corporate coach is an inspiration, reminding us that it’s never too late to design a life you love.